Sumika Collections - designed 
for Bohemian Girl Beach Babe
!

Recently I had the chance to catch up with the lovely Angela from Sumika Collections, I came across the gorgeous Sumika label via instagram! I love crochet and was seeking something unique and comfortable and found just that in the Sumika range, I also loved the fact that Angela is based in Queensland on the Sunshine Coast and you can find her at many local markets. I recently bought one of her gorgeous monokini's, I team it with my favourite jeans, kimono and boots! In fact the monokini is where it all started for Angela...


 2011 Monokini Design

The name Sumika is very unique can you tell us where it came from 
and what meaning it has for you?
The Name Sumika is a creation of my 2 daughters names blended, they are my love, inspiration, heart, soul & world. They have so much excitement for Sumika even at there young ages. I have added Collections to the name early this year after going through unused past samples & giving them ago this year. In the last few months & next few I will be working with leather/ suede, shoes, bags, home wares & of course adding to my crochet designs.

Tell us about a typical day in the world of Sumika Collections... 
A typical day for Sumika Collections, starts with smiling, breathing, brainstorming, promoting, selling, designing, communicating, occasional collaborating and adding a few of my own personal touches to some with embellishments, tassels, shells, beads, leather, plaits to keep them that little more unique.

Who or what inspires your Sumika Collections creations?
Inspiration for my label comes from growing up on the beach and at such a young age loving , wearing, owning so many unique crochet pieces. My first piece of crochet was a gift at 10 a crochet bikini, once earning my own money it was spent on hotpants dresses vests any thing crochet & then I added suede vests & denim & that was pretty much my staple wardrobe, so many years later , I still love the 3 teamed together! Fashion has always been a big part of me, So to design my own Boho beach style crochet pieces & add a little uniqueness to the market has been a dream. The cut style fit  is what makes Sumika sit so well. Being hand made no 2 pieces are the same which I love!

What are your hopes and dreams for the Sumika Collections label?
 Hopes & dreams for Sumika Collections. To be up in lights one day very soon "SUMIKA COLLECTIONS"  To keep Sumika unique & share my passion, zest & love of my label with my daughters so as they grow Sumika Collections will grow. As my family & I have a huge love of travel I hope to have Sumika Collections world wide some day soon & to keep adding new creations, new collections new ideas.

Have there been any defining experiences in the past that have shaped the Sumika Collections label into what it is today?
In my experience to shape Sumika to where it is today with the designs, sample creations, style, efforts & all starting from scratch has been sometimes a long, testing overall interesting memorable journey. Through many hiccups, the odd loss & nonstop hours, I still wake up with so much passion, inspiration, designs, creativity, dreams & motivation to keep building Sumika Collections to be a rewarding loving creative family business & of course to be "UP IN LIGHTS SOON!"




2013 Monokini Design



SUMIKA COLLECTIONS - BOHO GIRL MEETS BEACH BABE
Available online soon.
To purchase visit Sumika Clothing on facebook
phone 0432681351
Instagram @Sumikacollections
Random markets & festivals
Stockisits:  Urban Elements Noosa & Gypsy Stone Mooloolaba

Many thanks to Angela, images courtesy Liz Dick Photography.

2 comments:

  1. This site is very excilent site. It is informative and helpful to me. your content is unique and so positive about this concern.
    Thanks for your nice content.
    commercial cleaners
    Commercial Cleaning Sydney

    +++++++++++++++++++++++
    commercial Cleaning sydney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Blog.... Thank you for supporting me when I first started out xx Feeling so proud of The transformations I have had over the years xx

    ReplyDelete